|8:30 - 9 a.m.
|9 - 9:10 a.m.
- Bob Giles, NF'66*, Curator, Nieman Foundation
- Barry Sussman, Editor, Nieman Watchdog Project
|9:10 - 9:50 a.m.
Journalism's Role: Freedom of Information in the Digital Age | LIVE BLOG | VIDEO
- Kathleen Carroll, Executive Editor, The Associated Press
|9:50 - 10 a.m.
|10 - 11:15 a.m.
||PANEL I: GLOBAL STRUGGLE
Prosecuted, Banned, Blamed: Reporters Push Boundaries as a Voice of Public Accountability | LIVE BLOG | VIDEO
Moderated by Stefanie Friedhoff, NF'01, Special Projects Manager, Nieman Foundation
- Stefan Candea, NF'11, Freelance Journalist and co-founder, Romanian Centre for Investigative Journalism
- Alejandra Matus, NF'10, Freelance Journalist, Chile
- Rob Rose, NF'11, Business Investigations Reporter, Sunday Times, South Africa
- Kevin Doyle, NF'11, Editor-in-Chief, The Cambodia Daily
|11:15 - 11:30 a.m.
|11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
||PANEL II: NATIONAL CHALLENGES
Whither the Gatekeeper? Navigating New Rules and Roles in the Age of Radical Transparency | LIVE BLOG | VIDEO
Moderated by Melissa Ludtke, NF'92, Editor, Nieman Reports
- Walter Pincus, Intelligence and National Security Reporter, The Washington Post
- Danielle Brian, Executive Director, Project on Government Oversight
- Clint Hendler, Staff Writer, Columbia Journalism Review
- Maggie Mulvihill, NF'05, Senior Investigative Producer, New England Center for Investigative Reporting
|1 - 1:15 p.m.
||Break (attendees pick up bagged lunches)
|1:15 - 2:15 p.m.
Secrets, National Security and the Press: Does WikiLeaks Change Anything? | LIVE BLOG | VIDEO
- Bill Keller, Executive Editor, The New York Times
|2:15 - 2:30 p.m.
|2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
||PANEL III: FUTURE OF TRANSPARENCY
Secrets 2.0: Exploring Entrepreneurial Answers to Journalistic Obligations | LIVE BLOG | VIDEO
Moderated by Megan Garber, Assistant Editor, Nieman Journalism Lab
- Teru Kuwayama, Photojournalist and Founder, Basetrack
- Bill Allison, Editorial Director, Sunlight Foundation
- Aron Pilhofer, Co-Founder, Document Cloud; and Editor, Interactive News Technologies, The New York Times
- David Kaplan, Director, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- John Bohannon, Contributing Correspondent, Science Magazine