2019 Christopher J. Georges Conference on College Journalism
Know Before You Go
We look forward to welcoming you on Friday, March 29, and Saturday, March 30, to the 2019 Christopher J. Georges Conference on College Journalism at Harvard University. The conference is made possible with the generous support and ongoing commitment of the Georges family to ensuring that college journalism continues to thrive.
Please review the following information regarding your visit.
- Please familiarize yourself with the conference schedule.
- We encourage everyone to bring a laptop.
- On Saturday you will be asked to choose one of three afternoon breakout sessions to attend.
- Feel free to tweet about the conference using the hashtag #Georges19.
- Check out the conference website for more details.
Please plan to be in Cambridge in time for the welcome reception and dinner, which will start at 5:30 p.m. Friday, at the Nieman Foundation for Journalism at 1 Francis Ave., Cambridge, Mass.
- *Please note* There will be an open house at The Harvard Crimson before the official start of the evening events on March 29, from 4:00 – 5:15 p.m. at 14 Plympton St., Cambridge, Mass. (MAP) You can find your way there and then join us at Nieman by 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday begins with breakfast at 9:00 a.m. and events are scheduled to end at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- For those of you staying overnight, you should have received your accommodations information by now. If you did not, please contact Carrie_Cashmore@Harvard.edu.
- If you are staying in the Irving House B&B Friday night only, be sure to check out of your room Saturday morning and bring your luggage with you to Nieman.
- All events are free of charge.
- All meals and beverages will be provided at the workshop.
- Suggested dress is business casual for the Friday dinner and casual for Saturday.
- Please note that temperatures average around 40 degrees during the day, and 30 degrees at night, so warm clothing and a coat or jacket is recommended.
- Please bring a copy of your resume if you want to participate/get feedback during the resume breakout session.
Feel free to contact us with any questions:
Samantha & Carrie